S.J.M. Limited trading as S.J.M. Concerts
The SJM Holdings North Ltd group is one of the UK's leading promoters, working in partnership with some of the UK's most prominent artists and concerts to provide promotion and ticketing.
This statement is made pursuant to Paragraph 16(2), Schedule 19 of the UK Finance Act 2016 and is published on behalf of SJM Holdings North Ltd and its UK subsidiaries.
The financial year ends 31st December, and this statement is published for the calendar year 2020.
Our Approach to Tax
- Our approach to tax is based on full compliance with reporting requirements and acting in accordance with relevant tax laws and regulations to pay the correct amount of tax when it is due.
- In pursuing commercial objectives, we consider the most appropriate way to conduct our affairs to comply with all applicable tax laws, rules, regulations and disclosure requirements, making use of any government offered reliefs and incentives.
- We do not enter into artificial transactions for the purpose of gaining a tax advantage.
Tax Risk Management
- We engage external professional tax advisors for tax compliance services. Where we require clarity of the tax treatment of a particular transaction, we seek advice from professional tax advisors to ensure that our tax risks are appropriately managed.
- Management of tax is overseen by the Finance Director who reports to the board of directors. The board of directors are involved in the day to day management of the Group and have full visibility over tax risks.
- Transactions across the business are typically consistent. If any potential tax risks or uncertainties are identified, we seek advice from professional tax advisors. If necessary, we will engage with HMRC to gain certainty on our approach to tax.
Working with HMRC
- We are committed to filing all tax submissions by the statutory deadlines. When submitting tax computations and returns, we disclose all relevant facts.
- If there is any uncertainty on a tax matter or outcome, we seek advice from professional tax advisors and work with HMRC to achieve resolution in an open and constructive manner.
This statement has been approved by the board of directors of S.J.M. Limited.